Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yet another edible wild plant ...


I came to know of this just by accident. It is none other than our bright pink flowered coral vine. It's tubers are edible!

Its common names include Bellsima, Chain-Of-Love, Confederate Vine, Confederate-Vine, Coral Bells, Coral Creeper, Coral Vine, Corallita, Coralvine, Dilngau, Flores Ka'dena, Hearts On a Chain, Honolulu creeper, Kadena De Amor, Love Chain, Love-Vine, Mexican Coral Vine, Mexican Creeper, Mexican-Creeper, Mountain Rose, Mountain-Rose coralvine, Mountain-Rose Coralvine, Queen's Jewels, Queen's Wreath, Queen's-Jewels, Rohsapoak, Rosa De Montana, Sandwich Island Creeper

3 comments:

Sadhana Ramchander said...

I have always loved the bataani creeper too! Must get one for my little garden. Thanks for finding the common and scientific names.

Sugunasri said...

I am happy to know that you like the bataani creeper. There are two more plants which I am nostalgic about. One with small pale violet coloured flowers which turn into bright yellow berries. It connects me to my school days although I do not have any fascination for it. But the one which allures me date is a wild creeper with pale lavender coloured tubular flowers. The petals are little leathery, rather spongy. Keep guessing!

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Sugunasree, if you like the outdoors, you must come with me on the rock walk. See my posts in my blog.

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers