Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tradition won...at `Brinjal Festival'

Tradition won! and We won!! ...with tradition!!! ...at the cooking contest conducted by the Centre for Sustainable Agriculture at the Regency College of Hotel Management on 7th March, as part of their `Brinjal Festival' held at Shilparamam on 8th March. It was very nice of Shri. Rajesh Reddy, Principal of Regency College of Hotel Management for allowing us (myself and my daughter to use our`kumpati' and allotting us a special area away from the hustle and bustle of the cooking lab crowded with stoves and people.

Kumpati is a traditional barbeque/stove made of iron or mud. Our friends bothered to bring it down from the attick when I floated the idea of traditional cooking concept for the cooking competition. Many were enthusiastic to take part in the cooking contest but could not make. I could not let the concept go and I myself ventured to participate and sent my recipe via e-mail just before the deadline.

photos are from www.sailusfood.com

2 comments:

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Hey, congrats Sugunasri! We all love eating buttas roasted on the kumpati. Maybe I should get the family kumpati down from the attic! And how about sharing that prize-winning recipe? :)

Sugunasri said...

Thank you Sadhana! I am very happy that you felt like getting down your family kumpati. I have posted my recipe. But it is a khatta meetha one. Many people may not like it. You can try some variation of it.

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers