Monday, September 6, 2010

SUNNAN comes in many colours



I came to know about SUNNAN solar lamps through one of my translation/validation assignments. No wonder it caught my fancy - it comes in cute colours and has no cables attached. Another reason I liked it is that it is portable. Gives a lot more flexibility. But the reason I am posting it here is the social cause associated with it.

For every SUNNAN lamp sold, IKEA Social Iniative donates a lamp to UNICEF and Save the Children, to distribute to children in India and Pakistan to help them play, read, write and study after dusk. So far, over 500,000 lamps have been donated.

SUNNAN lamps combine low energy LED technology with solar cell panels. Since there’s no need for electricity it can be used anywhere indoors. The panel needs to be charged for 9-12 hours in the sun to get three hours of full lamplight.

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers