Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Employee-turned-Farmers

We do come across people leaving secured jobs and taking up farming. It is a desirable trend. But like many others, I too consider it to be a very dangerous proposition in terms of having a secured income. (I am a proponent of mainstreaming agriculture. But I envisage people with high/regular income opting to invest in agriculture instead of investing in concrete or indulging in affluent lifestyles.)

But you can't help it. Some people dared to do that. I wish them stupendous success!

I would like to feature them on my blog as and when I come across...perhaps I may visit their farms ...

Mr. M.K. Kailash Murthy, of Doddinduvadi village of Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district, is a banker who left his job to become a farmer. He calls this system of farming “zero farming method” and says, “reading the book The One-Straw Revolution written by Masanobu Fukuoka, a pioneer in natural farming in Japan, motivated me to follow this technique.”


Contact address: Mr. M.K. Kailash Murthy, Academy of Natural Farming, Doddinduvadi village, Kollegal, Chamarajanagar district, Karnataka, website: www.the-anf.org, email: kailashnatufarm@gmail.com, mobile: 9880185757 and 9845125808.

Source: Zero farming: no investment, yet guarantees good yield by M.J. PRABU in The Hindu Thursday, Jun 11, 2009

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers