Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Incubating Ideas!


As the new academic year is approaching, it is time for me to draft my own syllabus for the year and hence I took a re-look at my incubating ideas. With the Internet stage set for regional content, I considered my Telugu_Agriculture_Content ideas first.

Ready ...One ..Two..and Go!

**First ever Bibliographic Database of Agricultural Literature in Telugu **

I had actually started building it and I wanted it to be formally launched at S.V. Agricultural College, Tirupati, during our Alumini meet. But that Alumini meet didn't happen to date. I cannot incubate the idea any further and I am announcing it right here.


**"English to Telugu" and "Telugu to English" Dictionary of Agricultural Terms, with thematic arrangement.**

It is going to be a hybrid between a thesaurus and a dictionary.

This has been my idea since 2-3 years, and it has become partially real, with me getting the AGROVOC translation project. (people say watch your ideas, they become your actions. It turned out to be true). But this assignment was slightly different from what I had in mind. It was more like `AGROVOC in Telugu' rather than a `Thesaurus of Agricultural Terms in Telugu'. So, now I would take up the second one and I plan to include the regional and dialectical variations as well.

I propose to bring this out in two versions - a Concise Print Version and an elaborate & interactive Online Version. Since, I do not need any software support for the first one, I am starting it right away. It is going to be a handy reference tool for NGOs, Press and particularly to Scientists for their Radio & TV programmes and for their Farmer's meetings. The most probable user would of course be myself and I can speed up my translation assignments.

**Microblogging**

My distant, if not remote vision is that it forms the basis for microblogging (via mobiles) among farmers across continents. So that is another thing I dream of! To get farmers bitten by the `Blogging' bug.

And of course there are my regular seasonings - Puzzles, Posters, Parody songs, Puppet shows etc. to garnish these farmers' blogs.

**Animations and TV programmes**



Once I open this Pandora's box of `My ideas', two `jacks-in-the-box' are certain to pop up (1) 2-D animations showing the progress of a disease/damage, pest-predator interaction etc. and (2) the last but not the least idea is to have a TV show - `Raitu Mahila' with Suma style of anchoring.

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers