Sunday, May 17, 2009

This Summer ...Sundrop comes to my rescue...

It comes to my rescue with its Peanut Butter! Rather with its Peanut Butter Jars!! It made one of the boring summer chores pleasurable...filling of water bottles! Although I managed to avoid it most of the time as a child, I could not do so as a house wife. In theory `yes', it could be done by children or other family members. But in practice, it is not the case always. In some homes where systems are rigidly followed, I saw children not emptying the bottle at all, as they are supposed to fill it as soon as they drank from them. That is more dangerous!

Somehow, I was never happy with regular plastic bottles. I couldn't be sure of their cleanliness. Earlier I was using earthen pots. Later I was using a small steel binde that could sit inside a fridge. I had two of them so that I could swap them in and out. Last year was an year of `tupperware' and I instantly fell for the square bottle (very easy to clean) with a lid of my favorite shade of blue. This year I took a vow not get lured by tupperware any more as my husband has dubbed it as `tappudu ware' as it is spoiling our economy. Also, the bottle holder in my refrigirator has broken long ago. It is easier to buy a new fridge than hunting for a spare part. I had to manage by some means and there they are...the cute little bottles with colorful no-nonsense lids and clarity close to glass bottles. They are short and could slip straight into any of the compartments including the deep freezer. So...convenient. Being wide mouthed, they could be filled easily from the water filter or even from the binde instead of managing bottles with narrow mouths and long necks. With the narrow ones, I used to make sure that I had a bucket below to contain my imperfection. Moreover these bottles are as good as glass tumblers and contain just enough water for one gulp. No question of those irritating half-filled bottles lying here and there or occupying the valuable fridge space.

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers