Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Wish Granting Beads!

It is only a few years back that I came to know about Akshaya Tritiya as an auspicious day to start something new. Programmed by those gold shop ads on TV and newspapers, I too happened to buy some gold. It was fun to go to a gold shop on that particular day and share the spirit with other women over there. The first year I had been to my favorite Mujtaba jewellers, I bought only a pair of earrings. (I felt really sorry for the salesman who spent his time in showing things to my specifications. He deserved more!) But that was only a beginning, and I ended up buying a couple of necklaces later that year. Did Akshyaya Tritiya play the trick? Or it was just a coincidence that I, as a responsible mother was building some collection for my daughter. At least, I could take Akshaya Tritiya as an occasion (excuse?)to venture into a gold shop. But the situation soon changed with the hype getting more and more pronounced. There were media reports about the not so fair deals on that day, and we could go for gold shopping on any day other than the Akshaya Tritiya.

This year, the Akshaya Tritiya advertisements could not woo me. I resigned all of them with a more matured outlook and I was clear in my mind that now my priorities are yoga and acquiring a lot of positive energy. But after all, the day meant something special to me in last few years!

... my friend (more a philosopher and guide) presented me with a bunch of green vibrant multi-stranded beads form the Manokamna Temple, Nepal. Here they are! My wish granting beads, combining the concept of jewelry and energy, as an Akshaya Tritiya surprise, that too from (near) the Manokamna Temple.

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers