Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Taambulam!!!

पूगीफलं महद्दिव्यं नागवल्लीदलैर्युतम् ।
एलादिचूर्णसंयुक्तं ताम्बूलं प्रतिगृह्यताम् ॥
Puugiiphalam Mahad-Divyam Naagavallii-Dalair-Yutam |
Ela[a-A]adi-Cuurnna-Samyuktam Taambuulam Pratigrhyataam ||

Meaning:
(O Lord, Please accept this Tambulam)
1: With very divine Pugiphala (Areca Nut) added to Nagavalli Leaf (Betel Leaf), ...
2: ... and adding powder of Ela (Cardamom) to it, I have
 prepared this Tambula (Betel); O Lord, please accept it.

Lines from internet 👆

I was deeply vibrating with Tambulam, the beauty of it, the diversity of the natural and flavourful ingredients and the devotion & dedication associated with it. As with other things like flowers,  rare fruits, ethnic vegetables and spices, I like sharing information about the ingredients with much love and joy. Especially when I show these things to children, I love the wonder in their eyes! When little children utter those beautiful words and verses it feels soo sweet! Spirit of Harithapallavam🌱

So, it has been more of an intellectual approach sharing knowledge about taambulam and I found a befitting beautiful swan shaped paandaan. I was very excited about it. However, I happened to take a more regular Hexagonal shaped box. A cute little antique box, a miniature version that can actually hold all the real ingredients. Very fortunately, the size was just suitable to contain the silver betel leaves with a red stone, designed by my sister in law and gifted to me looong back ....





All this reflected back as a beautiful word I sensed - "Supari Malle" Jasmine Supari does exist. But my objective was just to show original ingredients to people.

Yesterday's flower arrangement happened to be a petit one, just a Jasmine bud along with two leaves and a few Radhamanoharam flowers. For a moment, the leaves and bud felt like tambulam 😇 



No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers