Thursday, March 9, 2023

Women's Day - 2023!!

Each year, around the time of women's day I review my life and reflect upon how far I have come. The dominant feeling this year is Gratitude for the universe for giving me a sense of completeness and contentment. I have arrived, I found myself kind of state. "Celebration to Celebration, my way Forward" has become my mantra. For this women's day, I happened to gift something very unexpected for myself - a Pair of Horses!! A pair of Horses is symbolic of two individuals being in a strong relationship. Also, horses are very interesting props for storytelling. Sharing the joy and wonder of such traditional and interesting artefacts with children is a priceless experience. I also have tiny brass swords!! Together, the horse and swords make very interesting setting to play with the Palmleaf dolls. I was looking at the size/scale suitability but what I missed was the fact that palmleaf dolls are single legged and I have to think of some way to make them sit on the horse back. Actually, I am very fond of Terracota horse figurines, sometimes seen under trees in villages and in one of my favorite movies. But I chose Brass horses assuming that they would be durable and strong. I was wrong. This particular object was brittle probably because of the design and/or the casting process. The body was heavier than legs. The PINk foam sheet used for packing felt like a pink rose! Universe wishing me a Happy Women's day kind of feel and later we really had a very joyful celebration at Hamsageeti!

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers