Sunday, January 22, 2023

It dawned...Hibiscus rosa_sinensis is edible!!(?)

Today, early in the morning I was thinking about the particular puja plate at my Grandmother's place and how I was walking upto the beautiful big Mandaram (Hibiscus rosa_sinenssis) plant with bright red blossoms - half opened exposing the fresh stigmas and the brightly coloured pollen. I could tune back into the beautiful childhood experience. I could almost feel the rough concrete surface of the foot path upto the Tulasi koTa and the damp and slippery ground from there upto the plant. (గరుకు గచ్చు మీద ఆనిన లేత అరి పాదాలు - గోదావరి మట్టి మీద జారిపోతున్న అడుగులు ఎలాగో బ్యాలెన్స్ చేసుకుంటున్న చిట్టి ప్రాయం). I felt myself standing near the branch at my hieght and look into the funnel like half opened bright red blossom...and sensed the delicate fragrance ...were those flowers more fragrant or was my sense of smell was sharper at that age...of course I never forgot playing with those flowers and decorating my forehead with the pistil ...but this time I suddenly remembered me munching on the crispy mustard seed like stamens ...I came to the present with a jolt and wondered if Hibiscus flowers are edible?!

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers