Monday, January 23, 2023

Pentas (Pentas lanceolata) - Egyptian stars

In spite of those pleasing colours, I was never drawn to these star shaped miniature tubular flowers until I wanted to check the edibility aspect of flowers already growing at home. Yes! Pentas are very much edible and do have some medicinal properties too! I nibbled on a few flowers and they are not bitter, but of course not palatable because of perhaps cultural conditioning. The flowers tasted a bit sweet too because of that minute drop of nectar contained in those tiny flowers ...no wonder it attracts all beneficial insects! In today's vision I sensed the word ROHIT followed by the sentence "రోహిత్ అంటే నమ్మకం"...my mind was focusing on the word హిత్ meaning wellwisher. I was too curious to know it's meaning and it was something to do with Early rays of Sun and Red colour, a reflection of my yesterday's post, I was particularly feeling connected with Red colour. The next vision was a Chutney stand like thing carrying shade dried pentas blossoms...accompanied with a feeling of abundance of goodness! The chutney stand also felt like idli stand with a suggestion of using the pentas flowers to garnish idlis...how delightful it is to receive cooking suggestions from higher realms!!

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers