Monday, February 6, 2023

My Journey from "Garden" to "Cyahi Evergreen"

I was first introduced to Garden Vareli sarees and the Meena Bazar & Dayals shops by my dear Vadina, when I was doing my Post graduation Project work on Expert Systems in ICRISAT! I chose a beautiful saree with Rose flowers print in lightt pink and leaves in a beautiful shade of gray...the design and texture were so cool and soothing that it aligned so much with my spirit. It was a real head turner, although it didn't look bright enough to catch anyone's attention. Another saree I chose was of a classical cream colour with a very wonderful Floral border in shades of bright yet very elegant shades of green. In fact she chose it for me and I instantly agreed because it goes so well with ICRISAT's staff Identity Card. --------------- My entry into icrisat has been soo very wonderful and my own story mesmerises me! With tear filled eyes, I now thank universe, myself, my parents and my project guide Late. Sri. L.J. Haravu Sir. Right from reading an article in the SPAN magazine, with a full page picture of Dr. Mahalakshmi madam and the very same woman sitting in my Interview board ...so many beautiful memories...For some technical reasons, because my results were not formally announced by INSDOC, by the time of appointment, I could not join icrisat during that year. --------------- Personally I was happy because I was sure to get into icrisat the next year and until then I was happily spending my time at Puttillu, tending to my Garden during mornings and afternoons, making jasmine flower maalaas during the evenings and playing Veena on the terrace during late evenings looking at the Sri Vaari Naamaalu on Tirumala Hills. Now, I would say Life has been like a Raagamala painting. ------------- Back to the cream coloured saree with green floral border...I wore it to the Interview the following year, and if I remember right, I was issued the White (a bit creamish I felt) with green strip Identity Card on the same day. I very vividly remember Shri Suryanarayana garu pinning the Employee Identity card matching to my new Garden saree and strangely it didn't feel awkward at all. We both were literally celebrating that moment in high spirits because it has been his triumph too as Personnel Manager to recruit the right candidate for the upcoming project on Groundnut Expert Systems, after so many obstacles. Such wonderful moment it has been -------------- I should have stayed in that vibe...but I entered into a new phase of life where my focus and priorities were different. I went into a kind of depression when my application for Fullbright Scholarship was rejected. Rejection was not new to me. Thanks to traditional pellichoopulu of those times. But what made me feel bad was the fact that I didn't have `space' to even fill the application properly. Yes, that is when I had lost myself and my interest in career. However, there was another PLAN at the back of my mind, a Family Farm!!! Hence moving away from a formal job didn't bother me at all, in spite of people looking at it as a stigma.--------- I haven't manifested a Family Farm as I had planned, but my quest for a suitable farmland gave me lot of unexpected experiences, lessons and growth so much so that I had to find myself ...the journey led me back to Myself!--------- Just when I was reflecting upon myself, away from the definitions and expectations of people I remembered my watery White Garden vareli rose print saree. I had made it immortal by writing about it in my Novel, Andamaina Nijam. To my delight, I chanced to see a similar saree in Cyahi advt. It is not exactly the same all over gray print but the feel of Roses is the same. That is how I chose Cyahi Evergreen. I made up my mind to buy the saree. Law of attraction worked! I received some money and also good discount and I made a palmleaf doll in gratitude. My palmleaf dolls are my energy signatures!

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers