Monday, February 20, 2023

Over to Story Writing ...

This Sunday, children gathered at Hamsageeti on their own and invited me. I took a few minutes to get ready...wore a new purple, bright yet very comfortable cotton saree which had a kind of mystic aura, and some purple necklace my mentor gave me decades back...finally I was comfortable wearing them and carried my favorite purple mug as the Subject for the day's discussion - getting the different shades of purple right, to capture the translucent look. Older children were helping the younger children draw the mug, some were sharing their crayons too...I sat down looking at the bonding that was evolving and cherishing those sweet moments... The next subject was ...any Leaf from the garden and that floats some discussion about plants and the children were discussing about their plans to take up some gardening work the following Sunday...art brings together people! This boy is very good at listening, understanding and carrying out any task given to him! I admire him and give him the next task... A mug, a leaf, butterfly and a house... totally unrelated things and I asked him to write a story around those! And he did!! He wrote it and read it aloud! He churned out a very nice story! Simple yet profound! The leaf and butterfly are friends but they never talked to the Mug. But one day it was raining heavily and then the mug offered shelter to both Leaf and Butterfly! So cute! And I silenced my mind which was drawing association between a Leaf and a butterfly/Caterpillar...🤣

No comments:

Edutainment

Edutainment
Crossword puzzles for farmers